Available October 11, 2022 – December 31, 2024 | 38 minutes | 0.05 ASHA CEUs
Our goal is to ensure every SLP has the tools and support they need to help an individual obtain a high tech speech device using their medical insurance. Join us for a short webinar to learn how to simplify speech device funding by using resources and tools available to you to maximize your success and get speech devices into your students and clients hands as quickly as possible.
Content Disclosure: This session will focus on AbleNet’s funding process for the QuickTalker Freestyle. Other funding processes will not be discussed.
- Introduction (3 minutes)
- Challenges funding AAC devices for individuals (9 minutes)
- Funding an AAC device through insurance (25 minutes)
- Recap (1 minutes)
- Learners will be able to identify three challenges to providing AAC to clients and students.
- Learners will be able to identify steps needed to fund a device use a student/client’s insurance.
- Learners will be able to identify three AAC device challenges post-delivery.
- Speech-Language Pathologists, Assistants, Early Career Professionals
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
ASHA CEU Information
ASHA CEU Requirements: Must complete the post webinar assessment with 80% accuracy. Unlimited attempts are allowed. Partial credit is not available.
Accessibility: Please email [email protected] if you require any additional accessibility support. We will be happy to work with you!
Complaint: We strive to provide professional development that highlights today’s best practices. If you have complaints/concerns regarding ableU please contact [email protected]. We will review the complaint or concern. When appropriate, we will take action to address the issue within 10 business days.
Refund: Refunds are not available for free sessions.