New Products, Better Products Guiding Principle
AbleNet is committed to developing new products for individuals with disabilities. Our focus in new product development is to do our best to leverage the latest technology while balancing all our guiding principles. We are equally committed to improving existing products by seeking the latest technology and new features our customers are asking for.
Our robust product technology development process includes the following:
- Surveys, ongoing customer feedback, and internal suggestions from AbleNet team members fuel ideas for new products and ways we can improve existing products.
- Our engineering team reviews a detailed product outline to determine which technology best suits the product, how to include environmental considerations, and which regulatory guidelines apply.
- Our design team considers the latest design trends in consumer technology while also considering the user’s accessibility needs to come up with the right blend of form and function.
- Once produced, a final quality assurance check occurs before a new product is distributed worldwide to customers and our vast network of AbleNet resellers.
- We leverage consumer-ready technology to contain costs, take advantage of product improvements that benefit a wide array of users, and apply those value propositions to our assistive technology and QuickTalker Freestyle customers.