Equity Guiding Principles
AbleNet firmly believes our commitment to equity will help us create a more innovative and robust organization. We respect and learn from our differences. We realize we can impact the entire business ecosystem to improve opportunities for school systems, medical clinics, government organizations, and vendor partners. We strive to create a more equitable society for everyone.
Here are some of the ways AbleNet is helping promote equity today:
- AbleNet only works with recruiting firms that provide a diverse candidate pool.
- AbleNet works with external consultants to review and ensure hiring and pay practices are unbiased and fair.
- AbleNet conducts regular employee training sessions to build a better understanding and appreciation for individual differences.
- AbleNet works with a local organization that provides opportunities for individuals with disabilities to obtain meaningful employment.
- AbleNet communicates regularly with our vendor partners to ensure our guiding principles are ones that our vendor partners can commit to as necessary to their organization.
- AbleNet provides team members two days per year of flexible time off to get involved with organizations in their community, spend valuable time with family, or join organizations that support their individual core beliefs.
- We value civic engagement and encourage participation. AbleNet is committed to providing time off to ensure team members can vote in national and local elections. Team members receive the entire day off to vote in federal elections and three hours off to vote in local elections.
- AbleNet invests in a language translation service to better communicate with customers, suppliers, and partners, ensuring language access for everyone.